Live Streaming Video - Troubleshooting
Why am I receiving a black video while streaming?
Turn down video acceleration. To do this in Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 Series or in later versions of Microsoft Windows Media Player, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options. The Options dialog box appears.
- In the Options dialog box, click the Performance tab.
- In the Video Acceleration area, move the slider to turn down or turn off video acceleration.
- Test to see whether the video will play back correctly.
If the video still does not play back correctly, repeat steps 3 and 4. Move the slider down until the issue no longer occurs.
I can't see the streaming video! It keeps displaying "Video is Loading..."
If it still won't play, try installing Windows Media Player 11. There are versions for Windows and Mac.
- If you are using Firefox, install the Firefox Windows Media Plugin
- If you are using Opera, unzip this file into your opera/progra/plugins/ folder
- If you are using a Mac, then download and run / install this file - it should enable your quicktime to play the hencam streaming video!